Dual Immersion Academy Benefits Children
The Dual Immersion Academy (DIA) was designed to provide students with an effective way to become fluent and literate in both English and Spanish – two of the world’s most widely spoken languages.
The program strives to help students excel in academic subjects in both languages. Students in the program also develop life skills that help them understand and respect diverse cultures. Students also learn cooperative and collaborative problem-solving skills.
DIA helps students succeed in school and in life by providing:
- Enhanced academic and linguistic competence in two languages
- Higher levels of creative thinking and problem solving
- Opportunities to participate in a global society and culturally diverse environment
- Skills leading to increased job opportunities and career-related advantages as children reach adulthood
- Increased tolerance and understanding of different cultures