Welcome to Rio Vista Middle School! Where Condors Dare to Soar!!!
Rio Vista Middle School is an intellectually vibrant place where innovation, curiosity, respect, and challenge are the norm.
As you’ll view our website, online calendar and witness on campus visits, Vista exists at the intersection of theory and practice.
Our goal at Rio Vista is to launch our students on a path of lifelong learning that is informed by passion, compassion, and engagement in the community. Here, students are expected to think in ways that are critical and complex, relying on a synthesis of ideas that is consistent with the work they’ll do throughout their lives. Some of the RVMS focus areas for your student’s growth are stated below:
- Support high levels of academic excellence that will be accessible to all students.
- Create a love for learning, engage in creativity, and value the process of inquiry and investigation.
- Achieve and document achievement results based upon world class learning. Infuse 21st century educational concepts focusing on the 5 C’s:
- Communication | Critical Thinking | Collaboration | Creativity | Caring
- Provide world class learning opportunities through rigorous core academics and infusion of vibrant educational options such as:
“We love the staff and leadership at Rio Vista Middle School! All of our three kids have attended or are attending here. We chose this school because of the focus on academics, arts and athletics. Unlike other schools in the area, Rio Vista provides a well rounded, safe and innovative place for kids to learn!”