The Rio Indigenous Project
is a new collaboration, engaging the staff and partners of the Rio School District and the Mixteco community in a learning and development process with three basic aims;
these are the three legs of the stool;
Develop a website that enables learning centered on Mixteco culture, knowledge, life.
Build enduring and productive relationships.
Support actions, initiatives, policies and ways of doing and being that support the Mixteco and all indigenous communities.
New Mixteco Links 3.16.13
- INVISIBLE STUDENTS AND MARGINALIZED IDENTITIES: THE ARTICULATION OF IDENTITY AMONG MIXTECO YOUTH IN SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
- “In the eyes of the Mixtecs/to view several pages simultaneously”: Seeing and the Mixtec Screenfolds
- Mixteco | Tu’un Sávi “Language of the Rain”
- CULTURES – LATINO –MIXTEC
- THE MIXTECS AND ZAPOTECS: Two Enduring Cultures of Oaxaca
- Isolated by language: The indigenous Oaxacans of Greenfield, CA
- “Mixtec Transnational Identity” by Laura Velasco
- Guide to the Mixtec Culture of Southern Mexico
- San Martin Duraznos
· Oaxaca, Mexico map, W. Section 5/16
· San Martín Peras facts
· Images and photos San-Martin-Peras
· oxnar para san martin peras in the fields
· Hola gente u tube
· The History of California’s Mixtec Migrant Agricultural Workers
· Latest Photos of San Martin Peras, Mexico
· Lila Downs Sings Woodie Guthrie
- An Excellent film about the Mixtec Culture.
- Wikipedia entry on the Mixtec people
- Mixteco/Indigena Community Organizing Project (Ventura County)
- A great informational website and projects developed by San Diego State University
- Indigenous Language Dictionaries
- Beautiful Photos of Mixteco People, Places, and Artifacts
- A beautiful and informative website