Meet Your Music Teachers
Music Directors’ office hours are school days 8:30-9:30 and 3:45-4:15 at Rio Vista, and other times by appointment.
My love for music started in the 6th grade when I started playing the French horn at Balboa Middle School in Ventura. I have played the Horn for 25 years now in a multitude of different ensemble types. I have played in wind ensembles, orchestras, recording groups, and chamber music groups. I have been a public school music teacher for 12 years now, teaching in various school districts on the west coast. I have a deep appreciation for the art of making music. I love music and I hope this love transcribes into my teaching in order to infuse the same love for the subject into my students.
I try to teach and instruct the “whole” student. My students receive the required Music knowledge from my classes and more. Therefore, I strive to teach the prescribed national music standards while also emphasizing important life skills along the way. In my classes I stress skills and qualities such as team work, patience, responsibility, duty, honor, and civility.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music Performance, California State University, Northridge, December 21, 2001
• Credential work completed through University of California, Santa Barbara (BTSA extension)
• Single-Subject in Music (K-12), State of California
• Professional Clear Credential, State of California
• Initial Teaching License (Music k-12), State of Oregon